Sunday, May 11, 2014

Come work with me in @NavasotaISD

For those of you who don't know, recently I accepted a position as Principal of Navasota Intermediate in Navasota, Texas!

I couldn't be more excited.  Stepping out of the classroom and into a leadership role wasn't something I thought I was ready to do yet.  I LOVE working with my group of kiddos every year.  But after my first meeting with the leaders in Navasota ISD, I knew this was somewhere I was meant to be.

All of the ideals about students, learning, and technology that Navasota is trying to achieve, completely align with what I believe!

The school I am taking over is starting over from scratch.....meaning I have LOTS of positions to fill!  We've hired a few teachers but are in need of more outstanding educators.  The campus is a 4th and 5th grade campus, and we are going completely self-contained and Project Based.  We'll be working with an organization called Engage! Learning who will help us through this project based learning transformation.

The Jr. High in Navasota has already gone full PBL, and now it's coming to the Intermediate!

I've already hired a few teachers, and I have my whole administration team in place.  If you know anything about me, you know I dream big and expect amazing things.  I can't even express how excited I am about this upcoming school year!

Are you interested in joining the team at Navasota Intermediate???  You can go HERE to apply (when applying make sure you check the box that signifies your interest in Navasota Intermediate, not just Navasota ISD.  It makes it easier for me to find your application)  And you can even send me an email after you've applied!  My new Navasota email is nesloneyt@navasotaisd.org (and YES we can do Skype/Google Hangout interviews for those who live far away)

If you're looking for somewhere that is looking to impact students, give them a voice, teach them their value, all while extending a quality education grounded in real life work and technology, then Navasota Intermediate is where you want to be! Apply Today!!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome news! If it were 100 miles closer I'd come join you. Remember, the school culture comes first. Create a culture of collaboration and reflection in the staff and encourage them to be life-long learners. Then foster creativity, questioning, and chance-taking in them. All of these things will then flow nicely to the students. I see an incredible school within 3 years with you at the helm. When's your first Edcamp and/or Playdate? I want to come visit. Enjoy this opportunity and have fun.

    ReplyDelete